Click here for the full job description.
The Coordinator of Music
will implement the vision of the parish Leadership Team for music for the
weekend Masses at the Baraga County Catholic Community churches.
- Facilitate the music for the regular 4:30 p.m. Saturday Mass and
8:00 a.m. Sunday Mass at St. Ann’s, the 10:00 a.m. Sunday Mass at Sacred Heart
of Jesus, and the noon Mass at Most Holy Name of Jesus/St. Kateri Tekakwitha
churches as well as for special holiday liturgies (Christmas, Easter, etc.),
direct the choirs at all three churches, and provide musical accompaniment on
- Conduct choir rehearsals every week for the various choirs. Recruit
additional members to foster growth in our choirs.
- Work with the pastor to coordinate and plan all liturgical
- Upon request, provide music for all weddings and funerals.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Living his or her life in accordance with the teachings of the
- Experience with Catholic music leadership; ability to integrate
a variety of musical styles into worship in support of specific themes.
- Competency on the keyboard/piano, both as a collaborative
musician, to support hymn singing and accompany the choir/soloists, and as a
soloist to offer repertoire for postludes/preludes.
- Experience and enthusiasm for choral leadership.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with
a community of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivating.
Compensation: To be
Hours of Work: 15
hours per week.
Required Date: As
soon as possible.
Closing Date: Until
position is filled.
Applications: A cover letter and resume should be
submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.